1:13 p.m. - 2004-11-01
However, just when I was thinking today was either going to be (a) an entry-free day or (b) more depressing whiny "it's raining and I'm SAD" bullshit, I came across an idea. Thank you, Miss Clarity (and the people you swiped it from, too)…some questions to answer! Yay me! I'm so creative and interesting. Yeah.
1. What is the geekiest part of your music collection?
2. what do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night?
Chewy granola bars.
3. What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie?
Shadowlands….and Apollo 13.
4. If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done?
Liposuction. Tummy tuck. Arm lift. Boobs done. Maybe some Botox. Nope, don't like my body much. I'm trying. But if someone said here, you can get it fixed for free….I would so be there.
5. Do you have a completely irrational fear?
I think getting the creeps in a dark bathroom qualifies.
6. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moment?
Playing with my hair.
7. Are you a pyromaniac?
Not really….but I do like candles.
8. Do you have too many love interests?
I do not think so.
9. Do you know anyone famous?
I do not think so.
10. Describe your bed:
Double bed…it's just a mattress & box spring on a cheap frame.
11. Spontaneous or plan?
A little of both. I don't mind a little spontaneity, but I like to kind of have an agenda…even if the most fun thing about it is ignoring it.
12. Who should play you in a movie about your life?
13. Do you know how to play poker?
14. What do you carry with you at all times?
15. What do you miss most about being little?
Being completely myself: obnoxious and loud and throwing fits and singing and playing and bossing people around and feeling truly free. This would have been at under age 6…I think that is when I first discovered fear.
16. Are you happy with your given name?
No. It doesn't have a nickname, and it rhymes with lots of mean shit. However, at this point, I couldn't change it, because it would just confuse me.
17. How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year?
At least $500,000. It's not that I can't entertain myself another way, but I would just feel so….isolated….or something.
18. What color is your bedroom?
White. The landlord won't let me paint, dammit.
19. what was the last song you were listening to?
"Cornflake Girl" – Tori Amos
20. Have you ever been in a play?
Yes, several, when I was in high school…I played Ouiser in Steel Magnolias, for one.
22. Do you talk a lot?
Depends on my mood.
23. Do you like yourself and believe in yourself?
Depends on my mood.
24. Do transient, homeless, or starving people sometimes annoy you?
Yes. There are far too many of them in my neighborhood. Sometimes I feel bad that I'm being judgmental, but then again, the choices they have made in life have contributed greatly to their current state of misery. I would feel differently if any of them were trying to work and get ahead, but the ones in my neighborhood are not.
25. Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
26. Do you spend more time with your girlfriend/boyfriend or your friends?
Nope. I think that annoys him, too.
27. What is your ideal marriage location?
A galaxy far, far away.
28. Which musical instrument do you wish you could play?
29. Favorite fabric?
30. Something you love and hate?
31. What kind of bedding do you use?
Comforter (flannel in winter, cotton in summer), sheets, pillowcases, 2 quilts, and about 6 pillows.
32. Do you tell your friends about your sex life?
33. What's the one language you want to learn?
34. How do you eat an apple?
If you don't know how on your own, man, don't think I can help you there. However, the way my brother ate apples as a little kid was funny….he would take a bite, and then drop the apple on the floor, it would roll away, he would chase after it, pick it up, and eat another bite….ewwww.
35. What do you order at a bar?
Jack & Diet Coke.
36. Have you ever pierced your body parts?
Just my ears.
37. Do you have tattoos?
38. Would you ever admit to having done plastic surgery any kind if confronted?
Yes…you should never be ashamed of self-improvement.
39. What's one of the "funniest" things you've ever done?
I'm sure my friends would tell you either (a) the bumper boat pool incident or (b) the upchucking on a sorority girl and a number of other patrons on my 21st birthday incident.
40. Do you drive stick?
I tried once or twice. It wasn't pretty.
41. What's one trait you hate in a person?
42. What kind of watch(es) do you wear?
It's a small, narrow watch, silver with a dark grayish-black face. I love how it feels, but it isn't very accurate about keeping time.
43. Most frivolous purchase?
44. Do you consider yourself materialistic?
A little bit.
45. What do you cook the best?
46. Favorite writing instrument?
Pilot G-2 retractable rollerball pen.
47. Do you prefer to stand out or blend in?
Stand out, usually.
48. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
In college, that's pretty much what everyone did. Jeans. Flannel. Hiking boots. Baseball cap.
49. What's one car you will never buy?
Any sort of SUV.
50. What kind of books do you like to read?
Anything I can get my hands on.
51. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
Quit my job, pay off my debts, buy a
52. Burial or cremation?
Cremation….as long as they make sure I'm really dead. (What was that about irrational fears?)
53. How many online journals do you read regularly?
I've lost count.
54. What's one thing you're a sore loser at?
Pretty much everything, but seriously Trivial Pursuit.
55. If you don't like a person, how do you show it?
Being nice in a snarky way…I try to avoid people I don't like, but if I have to be around them (like at work), the snarky niceness or the one-word answers would be a clue.
56. Do you cry in front of friends?
57. What kind of first impression do you think you give to people?
A good one, I hope…I try to give the funny/caring impression. People have told me, though, that when they first met me, they found me intimidating. Eh?
58. What's one thing you like to do alone?
59. Are you a giver or a taker?
60. When's the last time you cried?
A few weeks ago, I think.
61. Favorite communication method?
62. How many drinks before you're tipsy?
5 or 6, assuming I've eaten first.
63. Do you think you're cute?
Not on my home planet.
64. Do you have problems changing clothes in front of friends?
65. What's the most painful experience you've ever had?
Probably freshman year in college. The first guy I ever really fell for (who was also the first guy I ever slept with) fucked my alleged best friend. I felt completely betrayed by both of them. It wasn't like I'd never been hosed by a friend, but that was so far beyond anything I had ever experienced…it was horrible.
Okay. That was mostly fun, but that last question sure did suck the sweat off a dead man's balls. Tomorrow I guess I will really have to think of something to say. It's so bizarre. Sometimes I want to update four times a day and other days I feel like there is absolutely no reason for me to be saying anything other than "would you like fries with that?"